What is The Black Tie Club?
- A site which brings having a personal matchmaker to the online experience.
How much does it cost?
- We have a few price plans that you can find out about from your future matchmaker.
How does it work?
- We have transformed our database into an online experience so that it helps streamline the old fashion matchmaking process. Using an online database helps our customers find exactly what they’re looking for.
How do I register?
- In order to register you want to go to theblacktieclub.com or theblacktieclub.com/join.
- You will have fill out the questionnaire completely. You are not able to move forward without answering every question on the form.
What is the Dashboard?
- The Dashboard is the first thing you come across when you log in.
How do I communicate?
- There are multiple ways to communicate, however, it depends on your pricing plan. With a top tier plan, you will be able to message, comment on photos, and send winks/gifts. Your personal matchmaker will also be there to help you ‘break the ice’ when you find someone who you are interested in. With lower tier pricing options, your communication may be limited.
What is Messaging?
- This feature is applicable for those that are Members, Verified, and/or Interviewed. This is where you can communicate online with a prospective match of yours. That being said, your matchmaker knows how to really make you stand out to the individual you are interested in. They are there to assist you when you need it most!
How do I edit my profile?
- To edit your profile, you want togo to the following link: theblacktieclub.com/profile/edit
- When you are finished editing your profile, do not forget to press the save button at the bottom of the form.
User Photo Upload
- To upload a user photo on Desktop, please go to the Profile Edit page. Once you are there scroll down to the bottom and you will be given the option to upload a ‘user photo’ or ‘avatar’.
- To upload a user photo on Mobile App, go to profile edit and hold down the grey square in the top left corner. You will be given instruction to take a new photo or upload an existing photo from your photo library.
- The Photos page is where all the users can create their own albums and share what they want with other users.
- User photo max file size: 10mb.
- Minimum of 3 photos to be uploaded, 7 photos are recommended.
To add photos on Desktop (mobile site directions are the same):
- You will go to the Dashboard. In the Welcome box, you will be prompted to upload photos. Click on ‘upload photos’, name your photo album, and you’re uploading photos!
- Another way to do this is going to the photos button and clicking on the “upload” button in the top right corner.
- Click here for an instructional video on uploading photos to the site.
To add photos on Mobile App:
- Go to profile edit, click on the blank grey squares that are next to your profile photo on the top of the screen, upload image.
What is the Forum?
- Just like all forums, this is where users can share their thoughts on a more specific topic.
How do I change my username?
- You can change your username by going into the profile edit feature.
What is the My Matches feature?
- Using The Black Tie Club’s unique algorithm, this is where you will find those individuals that are most fitting to your criteria.
What is Search?
- This is where you will find a specific person who fits your criteria of what you’re looking for at a given time. We know that everyone’s thoughts, wants, and needs are ever changing. That is why we give you the option to find exactly what you are looking for by using the search bar. Click here to be redirected to the search feature.
How do I delete/de-activate my account?
- Please message the Administrator in order to temporarily deactivate your account. please note: If you delete your account, there is no way to reactivate it
Why does my account keep pending approval?
- The Black Tie Club has strong security in regard to what goes on the site. Everything that a user posts on the site MUST be approved by an administrator prior to that user being readmitted into the site.
- Privacy settings give site members control over how private they want their account to be.
- On Desktop, when you are logged in to your account, click or hover over the profile drop-down menu in the top right corner of your screen. Once the menu is open, click “privacy”.
- This can only be edited on the desktop version of the site. Please visit TheBlackTieClub.com – Privacy Settings
- Other users will still see if you view their profile while still set to private.
- Currently men and women have access to communicate with and view each other on the site.
- Men, we recommend you reach out to your matchmaker before talking to the women.
- ‘My Guests’ is where you will find the people who have viewed your profile.
Do I have to wait until after approval to add more photos?
- Yes, after approval it is recommended that you upload a minimum of 7 photos to your profile.
How will I know if someone likes me?
- There are a few outlets for someone to express liking you: they can reach out to their matchmaker (we recommend this the most among our clients), swipe right on the mobile app’s swiping game (a swipe to the left is an unlike), send a wink, send a virtual gift, or write you a direct message.